Evansville – 1912
Louisville – 2002
Indianapolis – 2009
Ft. Wayne – 2009
Memphis – 2016
St. Louis – 2019
1912 – 1968
Our History and Heritage
In 1912 the business began as an automotive parts operation serving the “new” emerging automotive market. Owned by a group of local men, the business originally began as “Kramer Brothers,” then sometime around 1920 became “Evansville Auto Parts Company”. In 1928 the business was incorporated as Evansville Auto Parts, Inc. The original location was on the Evansville riverfront at 201 Northwest Riverside Drive.
In the 1930’s and 40’s business grew in many ways. As the auto parts market expanded, many auto parts stores sprang up in smaller communities surrounding Evansville. We evolved into a wholesale distributor supplying parts to these auto parts businesses. In 1931 we expanded by adding an engine machine shop and engine rebuilding operation to serve the automotive, agricultural and industrial engine markets. Dealerships were acquired for many brands of industrial engines to serve the oil fields, coal mining, construction and agricultural markets. In addition, a new division was started to supply materials to the growing automotive refinishing (body shop) market.
In the 1950’s we began shifting our focus towards industrial engines and industrial equipment. Distributorships were acquired for a variety of product lines such as Onan electric generators, Wabco air compressors, Continental engines, Peabody Barnes pumps and many others.
Begin to shift focus towards industrial engines and industrial equipment
1968 – 1998
Evolved Into an Industrial Equipment Distributor
In 1968 we built a new facility at 5 E. Riverside Drive in Evansville and moved our operations away from the riverfront approximately 1 mile.
During the period from the 50’s thru the 70’s the automotive side of our company was gradually overtaken by the “industrial side”. By the 70’s we had evolved into an industrial equipment distributor focused on electric power generation, compressed air and industrial engines (gas and diesel).
While the name Evansville Auto Parts, Inc. had become well known and respected over the many years, it was no longer indicative of our business. In 1981 we came up with a new name for our company; we decided to call ourselves EVAPAR.
We focused on growing our business by expanding our product offerings and increasing our capabilities, while maintaining our commitment to customer service. We have embraced new technologies such as emission control devices, remote monitoring, digital control systems, and energy savings equipment.
New name born – EVAPAR
1998 – 2008
By the mid 90’s we had outgrown our facility at 5 E. Riverside Drive and began searching for a new home. In 1997 we purchased a tract of land on the north side of Evansville located just off Highway 41 at 9000 N. Kentucky Avenue. Planning began and in 1998 construction began on the approx. 30,000 sq. ft. office/warehouse/shop facility. We moved into this new facility in June 1999.
As we continued to grow, we expanded our geographic coverage into Central & Eastern Kentucky. In 2004 we opened a branch location in Louisville, KY., located in the Bluegrass Industrial Park on the S.E. side of Louisville.
Growth continued and by 2006 we had outgrown both the Evansville facility and the Louisville location. We purchased a lot and constructed a new facility in Louisville, KY at 11120 Plantside Drive which we moved into in October 2007. Also in 2007 we expanded our Evansville facility to accommodate our growth.
2008 – 2016
Expanded Indiana Territory
Growth continued and in 2009 we again decided to expand our geographic coverage and opened two new branch locations in Indianapolis, IN and Ft. Wayne, IN. The Indianapolis branch is located at 3451 Developers Road, Indianapolis, IN. After four years at our first location in Fort Wayne, we purchased land in 2013 and after construction was completed, moved into a brand new 10,000 sq. ft. facility in 2014 located at 3810 Concept Court, Ft. Wayne, IN.
2016 – 2020
BOOSTED CAPABILITIES – Added test Room and Training LAB
BROADENED COVERAGE WESTWARD
Several major expansions were undertaken in this period. First in 2016, EVAPAR opened its Memphis Branch location at 10044 Vista Cove, Olive Branch, Mississippi. We also completed some major expansions at the Evansville headquarters including an Engine Dyno Test Room, a 2,500 sq. ft. Training Center with hands on lab and seated classroom, and a 5,000 sq. ft. warehouse to expand our storage and stagging capability. Then in 2019 our territory coverage expanded westward with the opening of our St. Louis Branch located at 4219 Earth City Expressway, Earth City, Missouri. Both these new branch locations offer full support: Parts, Service, Rentals, and Sales.
Also, near the end of 2019 Dave Dazey stepped down as President (1993-2019), assuming a Vice President role, with Jason States promoted into his role as President. Dave’s leadership, vision and commitment has shaped EVAPAR into what it is today. He has provided the pillars of what will define our ongoing success well into the future. These principles are be the best at everything we do, provide superior customer service and support, and Always Do What Is Right.
2020 – FUTURE
Built a new facility in Louisville, KY
Through continued success in the Kentucky and Southern Indiana market since the 1990’s, EVAPAR, Inc. has outgrown their old Louisville home. Formal planning began on a new state of the art facility in eastern Metro Louisville in 2019, and in 2021 the team moved in.
This facility located at 2920 Blankenbaker Road will allow EVAPAR to continue and expand its superior services to its customers. The 22,675 square foot facility contains business offices, product showroom, seminar & training room, customer parts counter, service bays and warehouse storage. An equipment run room will allow for onsite testing of generators, compressors, and industrial engines. The new home provides additional capacity for stagging of rental units, as well as new and used equipment for the area market.
Dave Dazey, Founder
– 43 Years of Service –
Aug. 31, 1978 – Dec. 31, 2021
A TRULY VISIONARY LEADER.
EVAPAR Founder David “Dave” Dazey retires.
After 43 years with the company, Founder and past President Dave Dazey is retiring. And while it would be nearly impossible to adequately describe all of his contributions to EVAPAR, we can easily sum up his core business philosophy: Always Do What’s Right.
For Dave, that meant delivering superior customer service. It was the way he wanted the company to do business, and it’s still EVAPAR’s focus today.
Dave joined Evansville Auto Parts in 1978, working in the parts department. With his dedication to taking care of the customer, he moved up through the company’s ranks, initially in sales, and then serving in a variety of management roles.
Dave formulated and organized the purchase of the company in 1993, and as President of EVAPAR he made dramatic changes to its focus and trajectory. Dave exited the auto parts business, and secured distributor agreements with multiple industry-leading manufacturers in power generation, compressed air, and industrial engines and accessories.
This enabled EVAPAR to offer a complete line of world-class products, and greatly expanded the company’s capabilities in sales, service, parts, and rentals. The result was sustained growth and expansion into new markets and territories—while remaining absolutely focused on the customer.
Under Dave’s leadership a new Evansville corporate headquarters was built. With multiple territory expansions, EVAPAR opened five additional full-service branch locations. What began as a company with one service truck and one delivery truck, gradually grew to over 45 service and delivery vehicles. From 12 initial employees, EVAPAR now has over 110 associates. Annual revenues increased from less than $1M to over $45M under Dave’s leadership.
These are impressive numbers, but Dave wasn’t just focused on the numbers. His extraordinary vision and leadership created the company we know today. EVAPAR is financially strong, with a culture that is ethical, innovative, and forward thinking.
As the company continues to grow, Dave’s legacy will guide every decision we make. We are the premier provider of power generation, compressed air systems and industrial engines and accessories because we always meet the needs of our customers.
Today and tomorrow, we honor Dave and his core business philosophy to Always Do What’s Right so we can continue to deliver superior customer service.